What is Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Females?
When hormone levels decline, it can have a significant impact on a woman's overall well-being. Some common signs of hormonal imbalance in women include a decrease in sexual desire, energy levels, weight gain, difficulty recovering muscles, feelings of depression, irritability, trouble sleeping, fatigue, memory loss, hot flashes, and night sweats.
At Renew Me Medical Group, we are committed to providing a safe and healthy alternative to the aging process for our female patients. We offer bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, which is customized by an expert in this field. Each treatment program is tailored to address your specific symptoms, medical history, and lab results. Our goal is to help you feel better, perform at your best, and achieve your specific health goals.
Are your hormones out of balance?
If you're experiencing any of the following symptoms, it's possible that you may be dealing with a hormonal imbalance:
- Low sex drive/ Low libido
- Fatigue / An increased need for sleep
- Weight gain / Increased body fat
- Muscle loss / Poor muscle recovery
- Irritability / Anxiety
- Brain fog / Memory loss
- Urinary problems / Hair loss
- Hot flashes / Night sweats
If these symptoms resonate with you, it may be worth discussing them with a healthcare provider to explore the possibility of hormonal imbalance and potential treatment options to help you regain your well-being.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement
- Improved Physical Health - Hormone replacement therapy can support your weight loss efforts by helping you retain lean muscle mass and reduce visceral fat.
- Better Sleep - Hormone imbalances, particularly low progesterone levels, can disrupt sleep patterns. Hormone replacement therapy can help women achieve better, more restful sleep.
- Elevated Moods - Low hormone levels can impact your mood, leading to increased anxiety, depression, irritability, and mood swings. Balancing your hormones can contribute to stabilizing your moods.
- Revived Sex Drive - Hormones play a crucial role in reproductive health, and rebalancing them can reignite your sex drive and enhance your overall sexual experience.
- Improved Mental Clarity - Optimal levels of estradiol and testosterone have been reported to enhance mental sharpness, improve memory, and reduce brain fog in many women.
- Regulated Temperatures - Hormonal imbalance can cause hot flashes and night sweats. Hormone replacement therapy helps restore proper temperature regulation, increasing comfort and reducing distress associated with these bothersome symptoms.
Our Custom Programs Can Help
Treatment by a provider with advanced certifications in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- A comprehensive evaluation of hormone levels and overall health through lab testing
- A thorough review of symptoms, medical history, family history, and health goals
- Tailored wellness plan designed to alleviate symptoms and meet your specific goals and needs
- Custom compounded hormones and supplements of the highest quality
By working closely with your healthcare provider, you can benefit from a personalized hormone replacement therapy program that aims to enhance your physical health, promote better sleep, improve mood, revive your sex drive, boost mental clarity, regulate body temperature, and support your overall well-being.
There are different ways to receive Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy for women, and your provider will recommend the best option for you based on your symptoms and blood test results. Here are the treatment methods available for taking hormones:
- Pellets - Small hormone implants are placed under the skin in a hidden area. This simple procedure, done with local anesthesia, can last up to 6 months before needing another insertion.
Learn More About Pellets
- Cream - Testosterone can be absorbed well through the skin, making a non-invasive daily application of cream a convenient and effective method.
- Injections - Testosterone can also be injected directly into the muscles. If needed, we can administer the shots in our clinic, or we can teach you how to do it yourself. Injections are typically done weekly and can effectively increase hormone levels.
For other hormones like progesterone, estradiol, DHEA, and thyroid, capsule forms are usually taken. However, the specific treatment approach is always based on your individual needs.
Follow-up, Ongoing Monitoring, and Maintenance
Once you start hormone replacement therapy, we will regularly conduct lab tests to ensure that your body is effectively absorbing the prescribed hormones and to evaluate your symptom relief. If necessary, we will adjust the hormone dosages accordingly. Optimizing your hormone levels is an ongoing and interactive process between you and your provider, ensuring that you receive the most personalized care and support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bioidentical hormones are molecules that exactly match the hormones naturally present in your body. They are derived from yam and soy plants and then synthesized into bioidentical hormones. Your body recognizes and responds to them in the same way as its own hormones. It's important to note that the method of administration, such as pills, creams, patches, or pellets, can affect their effectiveness and side effects. Achieving balanced hormone levels can lead to an active, happy, and healthy life.
Both types of hormones are produced in a laboratory, but they differ in their molecular structure and how the body metabolizes them. Natural bioidentical hormones come from plant sources and closely match our body's molecular structure, offering the health benefits of producing our own hormones. On the other hand, synthetic hormones were created by pharmaceutical companies as they couldn't patent natural hormones. Synthetic hormones do not match our body's molecular structure and can cause adverse reactions when taken.
Contrary to popular belief, bioidentical hormones derived from plant sources, such as soy and yams, are approved by the FDA. These hormones are formulated in a lab and customized to each patient's needs at a compounding pharmacy. The delivery methods can include pellets, pills, gels, creams, patches, and vaginal rings. Synthetic hormones, in contrast, are standardized in dose and delivery method for precise regulation. Bioidentical hormones are customized to your specific requirements, which can make regulation more challenging.
Bioidentical hormone replacement may be necessary for life. When hormone therapy is stopped, deficient levels quickly return along with the symptoms that were present before treatment. The duration of treatment will be determined in consultation with your provider, considering factors such as your age, hormone levels, and overall health.
i’m a newer weight loss patient and i couldn’t be happier
I’ve learned so much about how I can change my habits that I finally feel that I will actually achieve my goal. The weight is coming off so fast and I actually feel better than I ever have. Annika is so knowledgeable and the staff are always so friendly.
i love renew me medical group!
Great customer service, Professional staff, knowledgeable, and Friendly - I am always welcomed with a smile. After I started visiting, I started to learn more about what I was missing/what levels were low and how we could get them back up. I've had Vitamin D injections and started natural hormones, and feel great! I'm thankful for the staff, their continued support whenever I visit, and offering whatever assistance I may need.
The staff is so encouraging and amazing to work with
I love best Renew me!! The staff is so encouraging and amazing to work with. They have helped me get to my goals quickly! ! I feel better I am eating clean have more energy ... I am fitting back into clothes that I haven't been able to fit into in a long time!!! Prior to getting started with renew me I was feeling frustrated, having constant constant urges to eat all bad things. It was showing not only in my appearance physically but it was hurting me mentally and spiritually as well. I am a return customer and getting ready to go into their maintenance program I'm so excited!!!!
Amazing staff, encouraging and motivating
Amazing staff, encouraging and motivating. They helped me stay focused. I have lost 35 pounds and kept it off. They work with you and are there to support you every step of the way. If you had doubts, don't, just do it!!!